With two solo records released to glowing reception, and a full-length album on the way, New Zealand’s Levi Patel is finding his standing as one of the country's most promising composers. The 25-year-old holds a passion for crafting musical pieces that delicately reflect an emotional intensity that is both gentle and captivating.
Levi has a fascination with the sound and recording process, which has encouraged him to pave his own compositional path in exploring rich textures - harnessing live instrument recordings as an integral element of his sound. His passion for arrangement echoes throughout the diversity of his work. From intimate, solo piano to expansive and climactic soundscapes formed of layered voices and strings, Levi’s music has an encapsulating quality that speaks across his varied releases.
- Affinity (2017) : Marigold Music
- Since last letters - single (2017) : Marigold Music
- 5/8 EP with Suren Unka (2016) : Marigold Music
- Of Sleep and Time (2015) : Self-released
- Forms (2014) : Self-released / Dado Records
- Dissociation (Extended) - single (2014) : A Strangely Isolated Place
- And she translated into the sky - single (2013) : Self-released
- Dissociation - single (2012) : A Strangely Isolated Place
Other Projects (partial list)
- This Island is Ours feature documentary (coming soon) - composer and sound mixer.
- Last Letters short documentary (2016) - composer and sound mixer.
- Livi Mulholland - Roads EP (2014) - co-writer and producer.
- Suren Unka - Alice (2013) - contributed a remix.
- Uncharted Places (2013) - contributed Dissociation to be remixed by Odd Shapes.